Juli Vaughn has quite the knack for DIYs and her latest one is just as brilliant as any other. She teaches us how to make a watercolor framed canvas for our little pots of flowers, and it's just about the sweetest vignette to add to any table (especially for hallway tables!).
Things you'll need:
- Canvas (it's best to get one with a thick wooden frame)
- Watercolors and Brushes
- Balsa Wood
- Glue Gun
- Exacto Knife
- Flower Pot with a Liner
- Cut the Balsa Wood to fit inside the back of the Canvas (Leaving space for where the flower pot will go) and attach with hot glue.
- Watercolor the canvas and let it dry.
- Mark where the pot will sit on the canvas (Make sure the pot can sit on the wooden frame of the canvas).
- Cut a T-shape in the canvas where the pot will sit and then a small horizontal slit at the bottom of the T.
- Pull back the Canvas.
- Put the liner in the flower pot and then hot glue it to the wooden frame and the pulled back canvas (for added support).
- Add water to the liner inside the pot.
- Arrange your flowers.
- Set the Canvas on a Plate Stand and Enjoy!