Just when you thought we'd forget the pumpkin-phenomenon this fall, we release our spiced pumpkin donuts recipe. How can you resist?
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup milk
Cinnamon sugar coating:
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons cinnamon (more if you desire)
- Preheat oven 350 F. Butter a mini donut pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt and spices together and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together oil, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, pumpkin and milk until combined. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the mixture and stir until just combined, careful not to over mix.
- While the batter is cooking simply place sugar and cinnamon into a separate bowl deep enough to coat donuts in.
- Using tablespoon simply fill each donut cup with the batter. The donut cups should be fairly full, but not overflowing. Bake for 8-9 minutes, until donuts spring back when gently pressed. Turn donuts out onto a wire rack and allow to slightly cool for a few minutes.
- Once slightly cooled immediately place the donut into the sugar coating and turn to make sure they are completely covered.
Recipe by Studio Cake