Today, we have the honor of featuring a special DIY from our friend Allison Rhee of Flower Crown Society! She makes the most amazing flower crowns, that had us head over heels the first time we saw them.
Supplies: Fresh flowers of your choice Floral wire Floral tape Scissors Ribbon (optional)
1. Once you have selected the flowers for your crown, strip away any leaves that are more than 3" below the flowers.
2. Take two pieces of floral wire and twist the ends to connect them, creating a simple halo. Start with your favorite flower (since this will be in the front) and cut off the stem so that you will have around 2-3" inches to work with.
3. Take a piece of floral tape and start wrapping the flower tightly to the wire halo. (tip: floral tape is more resilient that you expect, so don't be afraid to wrap tightly! the tighter it is, the more secure the flowers will be)
4. Start adding more greenery and flowers to the side you started on.
5. Once you have reached the halfway point, repeat steps 3-5 on the other side.
Optional: Attach the ribbon in the back.
6. Wear immediately or store in the refrigerator in a plastic bag/container.
If you try this DIY, we want to see the results. Instagram your crown, and tag us @zooeymagazine and we will re-post your photos!
Beautiful photographs Paige Jones
Thank you Allison and Paige!