We teamed up with our dear friend Bethany Joy Lenz (who is currently starring in this final season of Dexter), to whip up a delicious breakfast that readers would love to try. And lucky us, we got to spend a day with her again - ending on yet another happy note by an outdoor fireplace.
So what did she bake? Popovers. Easy, yummy, and absolutely mouthwatering.
Supplies: Popover pan
Ingredients: 2 eggs 1 cup of all-purpose flour 1 cup of milk A dash of Hawaiian sea salt A pinch of cardamom Jam Oil
Mornings don't have to be a downer!
1. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease your popover pan with just a smudge of oil on the bottom (not a too much or the oil will smoke you out of your house!). That will help release the popovers once they are done baking.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat your 2 eggs and mix in your flour, milk, and your dash of salt. The Hawaiian sea salt gives it more flavor that just regular ol' salt. It's delicious.
3. Mix well until smooth, but don't overdo it.
4. Fill your popover pan about 1/2 full of the batter. Don't add too much, because it may overflow.
5. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until it's well done (use a toothpick if you must!). Be careful when you take it out of the oven or it may deflate.
6. You can serve with jam and/or butter. My favorite jam is bourbon peach from Red Bread Bakery in Venice Beach.
Clothing Used: First Look - Bethany's own, apron and oven mitts by Sugar Baby Aprons